[xen-tools] Re: libc6-xen required?

From: Steve Kemp <steve_at_steve.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:29:10 +0100
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 08:48:54PM +0200, MaTz! wrote:

>    I'm having problems with xen-tools, i'm trying to create a new dom (domU)
>    with debian Etch  using debootstrap and lvm.

  Right.

>    The script runs and works correctly, when it finishes i see (with dkpg -l
>    ) that libc6 is installed  (because it is defined in the debootstrap
>    script).

  Right.

>    For the correct use as reported here
>    http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq#head-e05786f1e0d6a833bc146a6096cab2d96f2b30ae
>    , I install the libc6-xen.
>    ForEach dom i need to install libc6-xen.

  It should happen automatically.  If you look at this file:

    /usr/lib/xen-tools/etch.d/20-setup-apt

  It will install libc6-xen if required automatically.

  Are you saying this fails?  (NOTE:  You *don't* need libc6-xen
 installed if your dom0/domU are 64-bit.)

>    I'd like to know if is necessary to install on each domU the libc6-xen.

  It is never *necessary*, however for 32-bit systems it will give
 you a performance increase.

>    If it is, i will create a new debootstrap scripts  ( which is called
>    etch-xen,sid-xen) that installs  libc6-xen automatically.

  Simpler solution would be to find out why the script is failing
 and then fix it.

Steve
--
# The Debian Security Audit Project.