[xen-tools-dev] Feature freeze for Xen-Tools 4.2 (and Debian Squeeze)

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Fri Aug 6 16:30:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

I just merged in (well, cherry picked) Stéphane's btrfs support and
created a new branch "4.2".

That branch should only get bugfixes, no more new features and the
final 4.2 (and possibly subsequent 4.2.1 or maybe also 4.3) will be
release from there. If you are not sure if a change should be also
applied in that branch please ask before pushing.

I'm on holidays from more or less now on, but will try to find some
time to get 4.2 RC1 released and uploaded it to Debian during my
holidays. (If someone is at FrOSCon[1], I'll be there, too, mostly at
either the Debian or the FreeWRT booth.)

  [1] http://www.froscon.org/

All new feature should go into the master branch (heading towards
5.0), bugfixes in both branches. Looking forward to bigger code
refactorings, especially those which reduce the tons of code
duplication.

Additionally I added Stéphane Jourdois aka kwisatz to the list of
xen-tools developers on gitorious.org. He should be able to push to
the official git repository from now on, too. Welcome and looking
forward to your further contributions, Stéphane!

In other news: Debian 6.0 Squeeze is frozen[2], nearly no new features
will move from unstable to testing. I though hope to get the final 4.2
into Squeeze.

  [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/08/msg00000.html

Ok, gotta go, the train doesn't wait. :-)

		Kind regards, Axel
--
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe at deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe at noone.org (Mail+Jabber)