[xen-tools-dev] [Bug]: method-copy with --verbose should execute cp -av

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Wed Aug 25 15:09:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 01:24:14PM +0200, Dmitry Nedospasov wrote:
> In keeping with my promiss to write the list as soon as I find a bug:
>
> I was restoring an image from backup by using cp, and it turned out that
> it's not that easy to see whats going on, mainly because only cp -a is
> executed even if the verbose flags is set (--verbose).

At points where /bin/cp is used, yes. But there are also places where
cp() from "use File::Copy qw/ mv cp /;" is used.

I just documented this issue of having different implementations of
copying (moving, deleting, ...) files in the TODO file.

> I still think that the default behaviour for verbose should be cp -av.

I agree.

> I condiser this a bug :)

Yep. But we can only solve this after refactoring all calls to /bin/cp
and cp(), so I do not think this is a bug to fix in 4.2.

And we really should start using a bug tracking system. Anyone had
already a look at the MantisBT installation at
http://xen-tools.org/mantis/? :-)

		Kind regards, Axel
--
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe at deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)