[xen-tools] bug/wishlist "no more processes left in this runlevel"

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Wed Nov 22 21:05:00 CET 2006

Hi, when running xen-tools (cvs version) with debootstrap 0.3.3 on
fedora, to create a sarge VM I get thy good old error:

"INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel"

I have no time to test it more intensely, but I believe it's a problem
when debootstrapping sarge with the debootstrap from etch.

It _could_ be solved on the xen-tools-run (instead of giving the user
an unbootable system in the end) by installing the udev package
additionally, which solves the problem.

Not sent to debian BTS, because I didn't test it on debian, but I
believe it's a generic problem.

Henning