[xen-tools] Re: name conflicts of xen-tools with xen-tools

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Sat Sep 30 15:45:45 CEST 2006

On 9/27/06, Steve Kemp <steve at steve.org.uk> wrote:
> [...]
>   I'd be interested in knowing what others think, and I'm not enjoying
>  the potential for confusion .. but at the same time I don't want to
>  change.

O.K, I understand all that a lot better now. And noboidy else seems to care :)

There will not be too much confusion as long as the xensource people
will not start to distribute their xen-tools as a separate package.

So maybe they should be told about the issue. I think if you were
first, and it can be said that they had the possibility to see that
the name they chose was already used, they should think about to
change their name.

I could try to communicate that sometime, if you have a problem to do
it yourself. (maybe it's also better when a more "neutral" person
tells them).

Henning