[xen-tools] centos 5 dhcp

Anton Melser melser.anton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 19:18:09 CEST 2007

Hi,
Sorry about asking all these stupid questions... but I just can't seem
to get networking going in any way (static or dhcp) in centos-5.
Things just seem to work out of the box for etch so I guess it is
worth posting :-).
I executed the following
# xen-create-image --dist=centos-5 --accounts --dhcp --boot --passwd
--hostname=dent5.test --install-method=rinse
plus
# echo "hwcap 0 nosegneg" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/nosegneg.conf
# ldconfig
Once inside. So eth0 gets up alright, just seems to be no way for it
to get an ipv4. I edited
/etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
to try and put static but to no avail.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Anton