[xen-tools] Re: Using Xen-Tools to install a Debian domU on a Centos5 dom0

Steve Kemp steve at steve.org.uk
Mon Jun 25 16:16:46 CEST 2007

On Mon Jun 25, 2007 at 10:16:17 +0100, Dave Crossland wrote:

> >>   udev?
> >
> >Sorry, I don't understand :-)

  Sorry that was a quick reply sent in a hurry.

> Okay, and an "apt-get install udev" later, its working fine.
> I guess this is the real fix and previous runs of MAKEDEV didn't matter.

  Well it looks like the MAEDEV change you spotted was broken, so
 it was worth making.  But for your case I'd guess that there was
 something strange going on with devices.  I've seen some problems
 in the past with this, but not consistently enough to decide how
 to solve them.

> Should udev be installed by default?

  I don't know.  I think that for the "modern" distributions then
 probably, but sometimes it causes problems.   I don't really want
 to force it upon people, but I'll suggest it as a potential solution
 for some problems.

Steve
--
# Commercial Debian GNU/Linux Support