[xen-tools-discuss] Xen-Tools on CentOS 5.6

Srujan Kotikela ksrujandas at gmail.com
Tue May 31 23:41:21 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to use xen-tools to create DomU on CentOS 5.6
When xen-tools is installed, there is no role.d in /etc/xen-tools. Instead
there is a executable file named role.d.I tried to solve this by creating a
role.d directory and moving role.d file into it (is this OK?).

Then I faced with following issues. The xen-create-image couldn't fint
mnkswap and mkfs.ext3 (which are installed in /usr/sbin by default). I had
to make a sym link of them into /bin directory (which is probably hardcoded
into xen-tools). If possible fix this.

*And then I get these errors*:

*Running command* 'mount -t ext3 -o loop /xen/domains/DomU/disk.img
/tmp/Wek3tiOCx6/ 2>&1' failed with exit code 8192.
Aborting

See /var/log/xen-tools/DomU.log for details

/tmp/Wek3tiOCx6/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub: No such file or directory

*Running command* 'umount /tmp/Wek3tiOCx6/proc 2>&1' failed with exit code
256.
Aborting

See /var/log/xen-tools/DomU.log for details
**
I am attaching my log file. Please let me know what am I doing wrong.

--
Srujan D. Kotikela