[xen-tools-dev] xen-tools4.2rc

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Wed Aug 25 14:12:44 CEST 2010

Hi Michel.

Michel Longuich schrieb am Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 01:15:04PM +0200:
> Sorry to bother you.

No problem. :-)

> I saw you extended the pygrub support. yaaay..

Well, actually it wasn't me but Dmitry Nedospasov (@nedos on Twitter
btw.) who did most if not all of the pygrub stuff.

> I'm actually the person who persuaded Steve to get some pygrub and
> iscsi support into xen-tools.

IIRC there's no iscsi support yet. Can you outline what would be
necessary to get iscsi support into xen-tools?

> So you might imagine I'm happy to see
> that being maintained. Anyways.. I think you made xen-tools to
> automagically include kernel and module packages when --pygrub's in
> the xen-create-image command. Just wondering if i'm correct in
> assuming that and how far that goes..

If I remember correctly this is true. I Cc'ed our xen-tools developer
mailing list (http://xen-tools.org/mailman/listinfo/xen-tools-dev) so
all of the xen-tools devs can have a look at it (therefore also the
nearly full quote), especially Dmitry who wrote that part.

There's also a xen-tools users' mailing list at
http://xen-tools.org/mailman/listinfo/xen-tools-discuss in case you
didn't know about it.

> BTW ; I stumbled across some bugs.
> When tty and sda are set in xen-tools.conf and one installs with
> --pygrub, pygrub, securetty and fstab are mixed up a bit. For example
> you might get /dev/sdaX in fstab but /dev/xvdaX in /boot/grub/menu.lst.
> Squeeze and Lucid never boot with a console if tty is in xen-tools.conf.
> They work perfectly after changing some stuff to hvc after install time
> though.

Ok, we'll have a look at it.

> Besides all that.. THANK YOU for picking up on xen-tools!! :)

:-)

And thank you for the bug report (and the tweet[1] ;-).

[1] for the Cc'ed list, I'm refering to
    http://twitter.com/longuich/status/22080775259

P.S.: I'm @XTaran on Twitter.

		Regards, Axel