[xen-tools] Re: Outstanding bugs/requests for 3.0?
neil at aldur.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 21:50:46 CET 2006
On Ubuntu I noted the following while making the hook system work.
- shadowconfig doesn't appear to be switched on by default. I put this
as the first thing in the hook sequence.
- I commented out the multiverse repositories for APT. It isn't part
of the standard Unbuntu distribution, but is a community supported
repository. (Technically so is Universe).
- I moved the set-locale after setup-apt (to 22). The package to
install is 'language-pack-en' which installs the English speaking
locales properly - otherwise it has no effect on a GB locale machine.
Personally I don't see any reason for this hook to exist. All the lack
of locale does is make Perl whinge a bit - just as it does under Etch.
That's hardly a reason to foist US locales on everybody using the
system. (I know the tea tax dodging colonists think they rule the
world, but lets not pander to their delusions. ;-)
- Disable TLS is as Debian - Move the TLS for Dapper and install
libc6-xen for Edgy.
- You already know about the upstart system for Edgy.
On 11/27/06, Steve Kemp <steve at steve.org.uk> wrote:
> I'm planning on making a 3.0 release towards the end of this week
> with the intention that this will be the version released with
> Debian's Etch release.
More information about the xen-tools-discuss